Are you a juice lover? We’re not talking about those sugary, sweet, supermarket kinds, but the homemade, fresh kind. These drinks provide antioxidants, fruit, and vegetable-filled boosts and the cleansing it provides for the body. That’s why it is important to try out the juice recipes that are just right for you.
You can buy all-natural juices from specialty brands, but they aren’t easy on the wallet – just a few days’ worths can quickly add up. Luckily, juices are easy to make at home using a juicer or high-powered blender. But if you aren’t sure what ingredients make the best juices, get excited because the recommendations to follow are sure to pique your taste buds and make a healthy living that much more delicious.
Healthy Homemade Juicing Recipes
1. Anti-Inflammatory Juice –Most diseases today are due to inflammation in the body. Inflammation damages your cells and arterial walls and can cause High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, Arthritis, and digestive disorders. By reducing inflammation, your body is better able to heal from any disease. This Anti-inflammatory juice recipe is the perfect blend to help support your body’s natural defences and reduce inflammation.
- 4 Celery Stalks
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 1 cup Pineapple
- 1/2 Green Apple
- 1 cup Spinach
- 1 Lemon
- 1 knob Ginger
2. Beet, Carrot, Apple Juice –Swap your afternoon coffee for this juice when a post-lunch slump hits you. Refreshing and made with just a handful of ingredients, this beet carrot-apple juice is the perfect perk.
- 2 medium beets
- 2 Apples
- 3 carrots
- 1/2 of an English cucumber
- 2″ piece of fresh ginger.
3. Belly Buster Green Juice –Give your metabolism a jump-start with this citrus-based juice. Try it as a light breakfast or as an accompaniment to your normal eggs.
- 3 medium apples
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 large lemon
- including skin
- 1 lime including skin
- 3 small mandarins including skin
- 1 head romaine lettuce.
4. Cellulite and Fat-Killer Juice –Did you know that staples like grapefruit, lemons, and limes, could help naturally reduce cellulite and detox the body? The main ingredient, grapefruit, is a natural weight loss and cellulite reducer. Plus, who needs orange juice when grapefruit is packed with vitamin C.
- 5 Grapefruits
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Limes
- 1/4 Pineapple
- A handful of Ginger (you be the judge on how much to use).
5. Cherry Mango Anti-inflammatory Juice –Three fruity, juicy ingredients make for one naturally sweet juice. This recipe, packed with antioxidants and immunity-boosting ingredients, is the perfect way to start your day.
- 1 cup frozen sweet cherries
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup of frozen mango
- 3/4 cup water.
6. Cleansing Green Juice – It’s not always easy to get enough greens every day unless your diet is well planned. Luckily, this juice helps you fight half the battle. Packed with cucumbers, celery, and lettuce, you’ll have a few servings of ‘juicy veggies’ before breakfast is over.
- 3 cucumbers peeled
- 3 organic hearts of romaine lettuce
- 2 organic gala apples cored
- 1 organic celery heart
- 1/2 lemon.
7. Ginger-Aid Immune Juice –So simple, yet so good. This is an immunity-boosting juice that is loaded with kale, and garlic, two of the best, natural anti-inflammatory agents. It’s zesty, power-packed and The Juice you need.
- Kale 1 bunch
- Parsley or cilantro 1/2 bunch
- Green apple cut and seeded
- Ginger 2-inch piece
- Garlic 1 clove peeled
- Lemon or lime peeled
- Cucumber 1 whole with ends removed.
8. Ginger, Carrot, Turmeric and Grapefruit Juice –Turmeric is one of the most powerful spices around, so it’s no surprise that it makes an appearance in this zesty, wholesome juice. You won’t believe the flavour that comes out of just four ingredients.
- 3 medium carrots
- 1/2-inch piece of fresh ginger
- 1/2-inch piece of fresh turmeric
- 1/2 grapefruit, peeled.
9. Golden Glow Elixir Juice – Blended with water, this golden glow elixir might not be a traditional ‘juice’, but you won’t mind it once you notice the effect it has on the body. Apples and oranges make an appearance, as do turmeric and ginger, which are digestive wonders.
- 2 apples any variation
- 4 small or 2 large oranges peel removed
- 1 lemon peel or no peel depending on your preference (I left the peel on but chopped off the ends)
- 2-3 inch knob of fresh ginger, peeled (adjust according to your spiciness liking)
- 2-inch knob of fresh turmeric, peeled
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 handful of ice (optional).
10. Green Juice for Women – Ladies, this one is especially for you. If you find your hormones out of whack or need help feeling like yourself during that time of the month, try this green juice. This juicing recipe, brimming with parsley, celery, spirulina powder, and other nutrients, is just what the body needs.
- 2 green apples
- cored and seeded
- 2 oranges, peeled
- 1 lemon, peeled
- 12 kale leaves (I like to use a blend of kale, swiss card, and spinach)
- 8 stalks celery
- 1 cucumber
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1-inch piece ginger root
- 2-inch piece turmeric root
- 2 teaspoons red maca root powder, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon spirulina powder, optional.
11. Hot, Pink Beautifying Juice –This juice is not only stunning in colour (don’t let the pink keep you away, men), but it’s great for the body too. The beets pack an anti-inflammatory punch and detox the blood– and there’s so much pigment that you won’t believe there’s a bunch of kale in there too.
- 2 beets
- 3 carrots
- 1 lemon
- 1 apple
- 5 kale leaves
- 4 stalks celery
- 1-inch ginger.
12. Migraine Reliever Juice – Sip on this if your head is throbbing? Magnesium is known to be a headache remedy, and this drink has heaps of it. With just half a pineapple (use canned if necessary), your choice of leafy greens, a stick of celery, lemon and ginger, you likely already have the ingredients you need.
- 1/2 pineapple
- 3-4 leaves kale or a bunch of spinach
- 1 stick of celery
- 1/4 lemon
- 1/2 inch ginger root (optional).
13. Red Spark Energy Juice –This powerful juice is the perfect way to energize in the morning. If the colour alone doesn’t do it, the refreshing flavors of grapefruit, oranges, and berries will.
- 2 pink grapefruits, peeled
- 3 medium-size blood oranges, peeled
- 1 navel orange, peeled
- 1-pint strawberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries.
DIRECTIONS: Add all ingredients to a vegetable juicer. Gently stir the juice and consume immediately.